SIMCA-online 16.1 (Q936)
This release brings:
- Faster load times of client workspaces
- Maximize button in all client panes, such as Unit Overview
- Built-in troubleshooting for continuous project configurations
- Permissions granted to groups replaces previous use of roles adding more flexibility
- More granular permissions of what users can do
- Regular expression matching in phase execution conditions
- Python preprocessing with NumPy and SciPy libraries
- The new Sartorius branding
- Fix: Active Directory users can now be listed and imported where previously a subset were visible
- Fix: so that File | Share Workspace by email attachment works even if the option for session workspaces is turned off.
- Fix: batch plots that use color by now is colored correctly when opened from a workspace
A new version of the SIMCA-online Web Client is also included, with support for resetting alarms. See SIMCA-online Web Client 16.1.
Learn more about SIMCA-online on our website under Products and Downloads.
SIMCA-online 16.1 is a minor release. To run the server other than in demo mode you need a license (a license for SIMCA-online 16.0 works, but not a license from earlier versions).
SIMCA-online 16.1 works with the SIMCA-online Web Client, Umetrics Suite Active Dashboard, and has an evolved Web API with the ability to reset SIMCA-online alarms.
Download and installation
Download the software from the SIMCA-online download page. To unzip the files you need a password which you obtain from the delivery letter following an order, or your sales representative. Refer to the Readme and Installation Guide.pdf included in the zip-file and on the download page to learn how to install the software and how to get started.
If you install SIMCA-online without a license it will run in trial (demo) mode. The trial is limited to only work with the SimApi for the database simulation software DBMaker, included with the server installation. The demo can be used for testing with demo data or with your own data, but not connect to production data sources.
The version of this release is 22.214.171.12441. Release date 2020-03-31.
SIMCA-online 16.1 and the SIMCA-online Web Client 16.1 have been numerically validated. Additionally new features implemented in this version were validated. The validation package complements the full validation package of SIMCA-online 16. The short validation report and the full validation package are available at the download page. To unzip the validation zip you need the corresponding password which you get from your sales representative.
- Any x64 or x86 computer hardware supported by the Windows versions listed below.
- Supported versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later.
- 300 MB available hard disk space for a full installation.
- SIMCA projects built with SIMCA 16, 15.0.2, 14.1, 14.0, 13.0.3. To use the latest features SIMCA 16 is required.
To learn more on installation guidance see the SIMCA-online Implementation Guide on the SIMCA-online download page and the SIMCA-online Technical Guide.
SIMCA-online 16.1 is a separate program and installation from the previous versions. SIMCA-online 16.1 can be installed in parallel with earlier versions on the same server computer. Different database directories and settings are used. Note however that we do not recommend running more than one Umetrics Suite server per server computer in production. See the SIMCA-online Technical Guide for more information.
SIMCA-online server 16.1 is backwards compatible with the SIMCA-online 16.0, 15.1, 15.0, 14.0, 13.3, 13.2 and 13.1 database formats. This means that a copy of the database for those versions can be used if you want to migrate a previous server to the most recent version and keep old data. Note that SIMCA-online 14.0 introduced Unicode-support, and if you want to take full advantage of that (correct sorting) you should start with an empty database in SIMCA-online and not import a database from a version earlier than 14.
The application SIMCA-online Server Options is started automatically following the installation; If an earlier supported version is installed it will ask if you would like to import data and settings from that version. Follow the instructions on the screen.
To learn more about migration of databases and settings, refer to Supported migration of database and settings between SIMCA-online versions (Q801).
SIMCA-online is licensed on the SIMCA-online server. Clients need no licenses and can be freely installed and used on many PCs. A server license file is needed to connect to data sources other than the built-in data source simulation tool DBMaker (see above under Demo Limitations).
SIMCA-online licensing works as follows:
- You place an order with your sales representative.
- You receive an email (delivery letter) with an Activation Key together step-by-step instructions. Save a copy of the email as you might need it later if you reinstall the product or want to change the license.
- Follow the instructions in the email to use the Activation Key to download and install a license file on your server computer.
- The downloaded license works for the server it was downloaded for. It cannot be moved to other servers.
- A SIMCA-online 16.0 license can be used for SIMCA-online 16.1.
Third party software
SIMCA-online is bundled with ExamDiff, a freeware tool for visual comparison of configuration changes in the SIMCA-online audit trail for 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic Records) compliance. For even more features, check out ExamDiff Pro.