SIMCA-online 14.0 (Q846)
- SIMCA-online 14 simplifies for administrators and users;
- Active Directory group integration makes it easy to add groups of users that control which Windows users are allowed to log in to SIMCA-online
- Single sign-on automatically logs in a user in SIMCA-online with the user's Windows account
- SIMCA-online 14 simplifies the workflow for multivariate experts responsible for the models;
- SIMCA projects can now easily be updated to include new data from SIMCA-online. After adding the new data to the model in SIMCA 14.1, just refit and re-upload back to SIMCA-online.
- Other changes include;
- New Unit Overview that shows the status of all units in the process, including executing configurations, active batches and alarm status
- Automatic re-opening of configurations and plots that were open when the client was closed
- Color by / size by in plots for continuous processes adds extra dimensions to the visible data
- Sources of variation plots for batch level plots
- Full support for OPLS models for batch and continuous processes. This is especially useful for batch evolution processes where you now can filter out variability that is linearly correlated to the maturity, meaning that it becomes a lot easier to interpret the evolution scores.
SIMCA-online 14.0 is a major release. To run the server other than in demo mode you need a license for the 14.0 version (a license for 13.x does not work).
Update 2016-05-04: SIMCA-online 14.0.1 is the latest version of SIMCA-online 14.0. We recommend that customers install 14.0.1 for new installations. Read more in SIMCA-online 14.0.1.
Download and installation
Download the software from the SIMCA-online download page (one-time registration required). To unzip the files you need a password which you obtain from your Umetrics sales representative. Refer to the Readme and Installation.pdf included in the zip-file to learn how to install the software.
If you install SIMCA-online without a license it will run in demo mode. The demo is limited to only work with the SimApi for the database simulation software DBMaker included with the server installation and can only be used for demo purposes or testing, and not connect to production data sources.
The full version of this release is 188.8.131.527. It was released on 2015-12-10.
SIMCA-online 14.0 has been fully validated. The validation report is available at umetrics.com/downloads/simca-online.
- Any x64 or x86 computer hardware supported by the Windows versions listed below.
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later.
- 200 MB available hard disk space for a full installation.
- SIMCA projects built with SIMCA 13.0.3, 14.0 or 14.1. Note: to use the Update SIMCA Project feature you need SIMCA 14.1.
To learn more on installation guidance see the SIMCA-online Implementation Guide (available on the download page) and the SIMCA-online Technical Guide.
SIMCA-online 14.0 is a separate program and installation from the previous versions.
SIMCA-online 14.0 can be installed in parallel with SIMCA-online 13.3 or earlier on the same server computer. Different database directories and settings are used. Note that we do not recommend you run more than one Umetrics Suite server per server computer, see the Technical Guide (2.1.1) for more information.
SIMCA-online 14.0 is backwards compatible with the SIMCA-online 13.3, 13,2 and 13.1 database formats (but no other versions). This means that a copy of the database for those versions can be used if you want to migrate a previous server to 14.0 to keep old data. Note that SIMCA-online 14.0 introduced Unicode-support, and if you want to take full advantage of that (correct sorting) you should start with an empty database in SIMCA-online 14.0 and later and not import a database from an earlier version.
The application SIMCA-online Server Options is started automatically following the installation. It will ask if you would like to import data and settings from a previous supported version. Follow the instructions on the screen.
To learn more about migration of databases and settings, refer to KB article Q801.
SIMCA-online is licensed on the SIMCA-online server. Client computers need no licenses.
The way the SIMCA-online server is licensed has changed to shorten the time between order and when you can use your license. Here's how it works:
- When you have made an order you will get an activation key from Umetrics by email.
- You use the SIMCA-online Server Options utility on the server computer to request the license and follow the instructions on screen. On the License Activation Center website (https://license.x-formation.com/), log in with the Activation key, fill in the HostID of your server computer and click the Activate button. Then download the license file and import it to start using it.
- If the server doesn't have internet connectivity, you still run Server Options on that computer, but then copy the HostID from the Request license-wizard and use that on internet-connected computer to download the license.
- The downloaded license works for the server it was downloaded for. It cannot be moved to other servers.
Third party software
SIMCA-online is bundled with ExamDiff, a freeware tool for visual comparison of configuration changes in the SIMCA-online audit trail for 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic Records) compliance. For even more features, check out ExamDiff Pro.