SIMCA-online 13.3 (Q800)
Control Advisor in SIMCA-online 13.3 extends the real-time multivariate monitoring capabilities to include a Forecast mode for predictive monitoring and an Advised future mode for process optimization with model predictive control (MPC).
Control Advisor includes powerful predictive capabilities utilizing a combination of imputation and regression methods to forecast future trajectories of batch processes. Predictions of final batch qualities and yields are made available early in the batch evolution and process deviations may be detected before they happen, allowing for proactive corrective action. The Advised future provides suggested process adjustments that may be implemented manually or automatically providing closed loop control.
Changes in this release
- Control Advisor for batch forecasting and optimizer driven process control
- Fixed the problems described in these knowledge base articles:
- Low CUSUM use the inverted sign (always positive) (Q793)
- Execution ignores batch node start time and executes a batch with start time in the future (Q805)
- Missing values occasionally displayed for generated variables (Q806)
- Changes made in a project configuration for the active page are not saved (Q807)
- Performance and user experience improvements
Tip: Umetrics has also released a new edition of the SIMCA-online technical guide which is available from umetrics.com/kb/simca-online-technical-guide
SIMCA-online 13.3 was released 2014-06-10.
SIMCA-online 13.3 has been numerically validated against SIMCA 13.0.3. The validation report is available at umetrics.com/downloads/simca-online.
- Any x64 or x86 computer hardware supported by the Windows versions listed below.
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- 200 MB available hard disk space for a full installation.
- SIMCA projects built with SIMCA 13.0.3.
See the SIMCA-online Technical Guide, chapter 2, for computer system recommendations.
SIMCA-online 13.3 is a separate program and installation from the previous versions.
SIMCA-online 13.3 can be installed in parallel with SIMCA-online 13.2 or earlier on the same server computer. Different database directories and settings are used by default. Note that Umetrics does not recommend you run more than one Umetrics server per server computer, see the Technical Guide (2.1.1) for more information.
SIMCA-online 13.3 is backwards compatible with the SIMCA-online 13.2 and 13.1 database formats (but no other versions). This means that a copy of the database for those versions can be used if you want to migrate a previous server to 13.3 to keep old data. Refer to KB article Q801 for more information.
Third party software
SIMCA-online is bundled with ExamDiff, a freeware tool for visual comparison of configuration changes in the SIMCA-online audit trail for 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic Records) compliance. For even more features, check out ExamDiff Pro.