Active Dashboard 2 (Q881)
Active Dashboard, part of the Umetrics Suite, is a client/server solution with a server that connects to SIMCA-online servers or OSIsoft PI servers to obtain and calculate data, and with client web browsers to view and interact with dashboards.
To set up an Active Dashboard solution:
- Active Dashboard server computer requirements:
- - 64-bit Windows computer that also fulfills the system requirements of SIMCA-online 14.0. See http://umetrics.com/kb/simca-online-140
- - At least 4 GB RAM is recommended
- - The computer can be the same that runs a SIMCA-online server for testing purposes, or a different computer with network connectivity to the data source server (SIMCA-online server or OSIsoft PI).
- Supported desktop web browsers are the latest versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox and Edge. Supported mobile browsers are Safari on IOS 10.3 and Chrome. Performance is best in Chrome.
SIMCA-online system requirements
- SIMCA-online 14.0.1 needs to be installed on at least one computer on the network.
- The Web Server component of the SIMCA-online server must be enabled in SIMCA-online Server Options.
OSIsoft PI system requirements
- PI Server - PI Data Archive 2016 R2. Version 3.4.405.1198 or later
- PI AF Services 2016 R2 or later. Version 188.8.131.5259
If you want to try Active Dashboard without installing anything, navigate to http://demo.umetrics.com, and log in as 'test' with the password 'test'. This gives you access to a set of ready-made dashboards that demonstrate the functionality. Note that you cannot modify the dashboards, or create new ones. Hint: you can also download the user guide to help you get started.
Downloadable installation and user guides
The full product documentation is available from the download page for Active Dashboard at http://umetrics.com/downloads/active-dashboard (a simple one-time registration is required). There you'll find:
• The installation guide that provides the IT administrator with all information necessary to install and configure the server to connect to SIMCA-online servers or OSIsoft PI, and optionally use also Windows Active Directory for user authentication.
• The user guide that shows end users how to connect to Active Dashboard and interact with dashboards, and how to filter data to suit their needs. The guide also shows dashboard editors how to create new dashboards, and contains details on how the product works.
On the download page you'll also find the installation package. To unzip the files you need a password obtained from Umetrics Delivery following an order.
Together with the Active Dashboard delivery, you will get a license file. Starting 30 days before this license expires, you will be notified when
logging in to Active Dashboard. The expiry date and other license information visible in the About page in Active Dashboard (available to
The full version of this release is 184.108.40.20697. It was released on 2017-05-23.